Welcome Global Inclusion 2023 Conference Attendees
Congratulations, you are now entered for a chance to win a virtual CQ Certification! Winner will be announced near the end of the conference. Please review our complimentary inclusion and educational resources.
The Cultural Intelligence Center is excited to attend and exhibit at the Global Inclusion conference for the first time. We believe differences in beliefs, values and behaviors can cause misunderstandings and conflict. Without the right tools and mental models, it can be challenging to reap the benefits of diversity.
We would like to introduce you to Cultural Intelligence (CQ). Cultural Intelligence (CQ) is defined as the ability to relate and work effectively with people who are different from us. CQ is a valuable tool that can foster inclusion effectively. We believe that CQ is a key foundational element to any strategy that emphasizes inclusion and diversity.
Please enjoy the complimentary resources below and we hope to hear from you in the near future.
Please review these resources which are intended to be utilized in the higher education space:
- What is CQ Podcast – Hear a conversational style overview of CQ
- Complimentary CQ Assessment – What is your CQ? Find out with this complimentary CQ assessment.
- CQ and Career Readiness Webinar – Our partner, Maggie Mahoney (a speaker at the Global Inclusion Conference) talks about how she uses CQ at the University of Houston
- CQ Starter Digital Course – A 10 minute introduction to CQ
- CQ and EQ Blog Post – Get the answers to some of our most common questions
- MyCQ Study Abroad – Free e-Learning course
Although not complimentary, we encourage you to checkout our CQ for Educators product suite via our CQ Store. Use code “CQStore15″ at checkout for 15% off the purchase price.
For Inclusion Professionals
Please review these resources which are intended to showcase how CQ fits within your Inclusion strategy:
- Inclusion Blog Post – Hear from Keyla Waslawski, a speaker at the Global Inclusion Conference, about why Inclusion is so important.
- CQ Starter Digital Course – A 10 minute introduction to CQ
- Complimentary CQ Assessment -What is your CQ? Find out with this complimentary CQ assessment.
- CQ and DEI Resource Page – We have compiled additional CQ resources specific to DEI initiatives
- Navigating the Great Resignation Webinar – Leveraging Cultural Intelligence (CQ) for Unconscious Inclusion
Although not complimentary, we also offer a CQ Credential – An Equity and Inclusion Masterclass which is ideal for students, Career Services Departments, University professors and early-career professionals. Use code “LearnCQ25” at checkout to receive 25% off the purchase price.
You have been entered into a drawing for a chance to win a virtual CQ Certification (valued at $2,995 USD). We are the only organization in the world able to certify one in Cultural Intelligence. Our CQ Certification provides the resources and knowledge you need to be able to administer our CQ assessments, debrief our feedback reports, and even teach our unique CQ workshops through our Train-The-Trainer (TTT) programs.
About the Cultural Intelligence Center
Who We Are
The Cultural Intelligence Center is an innovative, research-based consulting and training organization that draws upon empirical findings to help executives, companies, universities, and government organizations assess and improve cultural intelligence (CQ)—the ability to work effectively with people from different nationalities, ethnicities, age groups, and more. We provide you with innovative solutions that improve multicultural performance based on rigorous academic research. Watch this short video to learn more.
what we do
We help develop innovative solutions that improve multicultural performance based on rigorous academic research. In culturally diverse situations, CQ helps to predict the following:
- Personal Adjustment and Adaptability
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Negotiation Effectiveness
- Trust, Idea Sharing, and Innovation
- Leadership Effectiveness
- Profitability and Cost-Savings
BENEFITS OF CQ include
We help organizations and institutions:
- Unlock the innovation potential of diverse teams
- Develop proven and sustainable cultural competency training models
- Conduct equitable hiring processes
- Scale on-demand unconscious bias courses
- Become culturally intelligent educators
- Develop next generation culturally intelligent leaders
- And more
We are proud to partner with leading educators including:
“With a greater awareness of their own cultural intelligence, along with our diverse student learning teams and overseas study, Queen’s students have a unique opportunity to expand their cultural intelligence during the course of the program.”
–Shai Dubey, Director MBA Program at Queen’s School of Business
“As a trainer of psychologists, counselors, and other mental health professionals, I am struck by how simple, applicable, and effective this model is for students and practitioners in my field who strive for cultural competence.”
–Michael Goh, PhD, Director of Counseling Program, University of Minnesota
Meet the CQ Center Team
Kelsey is our Senior Account Manager. In this role, her focus is on managing and growing existing education partnerships in North America. She is responsible for developing current relationships by matching and aligning client’s needs with appropriate solutions and demonstrating how our research-based products and services can resolve their needs. A graduate from Grand Valley State University, she earned a B.A. in Communications and has a background working with startup companies as well as experience working in the legal world. In her free time, she loves reading, watching movies and spending time outdoors.
Nick Leone is an Account Manager with the Cultural Intelligence Center. Nick’s journey has taken him through various landscapes of professional disciplines, equipping him with a diverse range of experiences. He’s here to build and nurture client relationships, provide responsive and insightful customer support, and uphold service quality that exceeds expectations.
Originally from Michigan, Nick holds a B.A. in Environmental Studies from the University of Michigan – Dearborn. Beyond his professional pursuits, Nick spends most of his time with his family including his wife, two young boys and their two dogs. Together, they embark on family adventures, explore the outdoors, maintain an active lifestyle, and enjoy cooking as a family.
Keyla Waslawski is our Senior Vice President and Company Secretary. She oversees all of our sales and marketing processes and projects. Keyla also leads our business development, communications, client relations, and technology initiatives. Keyla graduated from Michigan State University with a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and earned her M.B.A., Financial Accounting at Wayne State University in Detroit. She enjoys applying her analytical skills and eye for numbers to support and lead the Sales & Marketing team at the Cultural Intelligence Center. Keyla’s hobbies include gardening and home improvement projects, but what she enjoys most is spending time with her husband and two children.