CULTURE MATTERS: Get Certified to Facilitate Unconscious Bias Training!
What is Unconscious Bias?
Unconscious Biases are unintended, subtle and subconscious thoughts that happen to us all the time. If you have a brain, you have biases. And they are often towards others who come from different cultural backgrounds, which could include race, gender, generational differences, socioeconomic status, etc. The good news is that we can manage our biased thoughts by not allowing them to negatively impact our decisions, behaviors, and actions towards others. This allows for much more effective intercultural interactions.
Certification in our Culture Matters: Managing Unconscious Bias Program equips participants to:
- Administer and debrief the Cultural Values Profile, an assessment tool designed to help participants understand the role of cultural values during intercultural interactions.
- Facilitate the Culture Matters: Managing Unconscious Bias Workshop.
- Help others develop strategies to combat bias and improve intercultural effectiveness.
This highly interactive day-and-a-half course will focus on topics such as:
- Enhancing Cultural Awareness
- Understanding Cultural Values and their impact on Bias
- Learning the most common forms of Bias
- Practicing habits that break Unconscious Biases
- Creating a personal development plan
- Linking Unconscious Bias to Cultural Intelligence
Fun facts about Miami:
- Miami was founded by Julia Tuttle in 1896 and is the first city to be founded by a woman.
- The very first suntan lotion was invented by pharmacist Benjamin Green in Miami in 1944 (Coppertone Suntan Cream).
- Famous pirates like Blackbeard and Gasparilla visited Miami frequently to bury treasure.