Here at the Cultural Intelligence Center, our mission is to change the way individuals and organizations approach diversity and global engagement by using research-based learning and development solutions. Our assessments, training programs, and consulting services are valued by clients from Harvard University, Goldman Sachs, and the Department of Defense, to many small and medium-sized businesses.
Together we are committed to the greater good. We truly believe our work can make the world a better place.
Headquartered in Michigan, our international team of employees includes trainers, instructional designers, consultants, administrators, software engineers, and researchers providing state-of-the-art products and services that make a real difference in people’s lives.
See all open positions below
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Here at the Cultural Intelligence Center, our mission is to change the way individuals and organizations approach diversity and global engagement by applying research-based learning and development solutions. Headquartered in Michigan, our international team of about 45 employees includes trainers, instructional designers, consultants, administrators, software engineers, and researchers providing state of the art products and services that make a real difference in people’s lives.
Our mix of on-site and remote employees serves customers around the world with our array of consulting, training, and online learning solutions.
CQC is a growing company and we are seeking an exceptional Sales Consultant to join our growing team.
The Consultant is a critical role responsible for business development and consultation with CQC clients and prospects. The Consultant cares deeply about Cultural Intelligence and people and successfully combines the following skills to work effectively with a diverse customer base:
- Business Development & Relationship Building
- Excellent Communication & Writing
- Active Listening
The Consultant reports to the Director of Sales, will be part of the company Sales & Marketing group, and will be supported by a team administrators.
The Consultant should have 7+ years of experience in consultative business development and training, and at least 2-3 years focused on selling services to commercial businesses, within multiple industries. Ability to sell a non-tangible service is a must.
The Consultant will spend 70% of their time developing new business and relationships, 20% consulting with new and existing clients, and 10% managing client accounts.
What we provide you!
We view the work that we do and the environment that we cultivate as a critical part of our mission. By joining our team, you will become a vital piece of the organization, not just in terms of the work that you produce, but also the relationships that you build and your personal approach to your job, your work, and the world around you. You matter as a human being and we are interested in helping you grow and develop your professional career and your cultural intelligence!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively research organizations, industries, and individuals to uncover new opportunities, with a special emphasis on opportunities
- Effectively prioritize and manage opportunities and sales pipelines for new and prospective clients
- Draft and present customized proposals and presentations to prospective clients
- Proactively build relationships and develop business with new prospects, with a special emphasis on building relationships in
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms with other stakeholders
- Work with Account Manager to develop and manage account plans for current and new customers
- Contribute to the strategic and financial goals of the company
- Participate in the training and onboarding of new CQC business development employees focused on CQC products and solutions, marketing personas, and learning pathways.
- Work with the Product Specialist to help current and prospective clients to craft programs and learning outcomes, or other organizational initiatives that utilize CQC products or services to meet their needs
- Support Account Managers in various consultative discussions using a deep knowledge of Cultural Intelligence, Cultural Values, and Unconscious Bias
- Coordinate with additional facilitators or consultants as necessary
Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree or equivalent related experience
- 7+ years of experience in consultative business development with proven results in generating strong leads, closing deals, and developing multi-year contracts and partnerships
- 2-3 years of experience in a business development or consulting role selling services within
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills
Good to Have
- Experience managing and training business development staff
- Activity & Pipeline management experience
- SalesForce Experience
- Salaried position
- Range: $70,000 to $90,000 plus incentive pay
- Competitive benefits
- Reports to Director of Sales
- Based in MidWest , 3 hours drive from Detroit or Grand Rapids