Here at the Cultural Intelligence Center, our mission is to change the way individuals and organizations approach diversity and global engagement by using research-based learning and development solutions. Our assessments, training programs, and consulting services are valued by clients from Harvard University, Goldman Sachs, and the Department of Defense, to many small and medium-sized businesses.
Together we are committed to the greater good. We truly believe our work can make the world a better place.
Headquartered in Michigan, our international team of employees includes trainers, instructional designers, consultants, administrators, software engineers, and researchers providing state of the art products and services that make a real difference in people’s lives.
See all open positions below
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
IT & Software Development Manager
CQC is a growing company and we are seeking an exceptional IT & Software Development Manager (“ISDM”) for our team.
The ISDM is a critical role, responsible for growing and developing our internal technology team and overseeing development of our cloud-based applications and other internal technologies. The ISDM cares deeply about developing technology and people and successfully combines the following skills to work effectively with a diverse and interdisciplinary team:
- Leadership Expertise
- Problem solving
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Broad Technical Expertise
The ISDM reports to the Vice President of Operations and is supported by a team of administrators and other software engineers.
The ISDM should have 4+ years of experience in software development, with at least 2+ years of leadership experience.
This is a “hands on” position responsible for leading a small team that manages the company’s learning portal and product delivery systems. The ISDM will spend 30% of their time managing and leading people, priorities, and projects and 70% of their time focused on technical development.
Oversee Company Technology Development
- Oversee and participate in development of the CQ Learning Portal ensuring that all design and architectural decision making aligns with CQC’s strategic business goals
- Provide hands on technical leadership for our product delivery systems, including our assessment portal and e-learning platform
- Break down large deliverables into manageable tasks to create high quality, test driven software
- Keep leadership informed by providing regular updates and reports on development efforts, priorities, and projects
Management and Development of Technology Team
- Manage the day to day activities and priorities of the technology team
- Work with individual team members to develop professional growth and development plans
- Identify and leverage areas of strength and proactively work to address weaknesses of individual team members
- Work with company leadership to recruit and hire new software engineers and other technology experts
Customer Relationship Management
- Serve as CQC’s public facing technology expert
- Consult with high touch customers to define and execute technology needs that align with CQC’s business goals and strategies
- Ensure special customer projects are well defined, executed in a timely manner, and efficiently utilize internal resources (time, personnel, budget, etc.)
Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent), or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience leading development teams, establishing process and best practices, and defining and implementing scalable architecture and technology solutions.
- Minimum 4 years of experience designing, developing, testing, and debugging web-based software solutions at scale.
- Experience building complex web-based applications
- Experience with Scrum and Agile practices
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Good to Have
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with data security and privacy frameworks
- Reports to Vice President, Operations
- Geographic Location: Southfield, Michigan