The Cultural Intelligence Center, LLC is an innovative, training and consulting company. We provide research-based tools, training, and assessments to build Cultural Intelligence (CQ)—the ability to relate and work effectively with people from different nationalities, ethnicities, age groups, and more.
Graphic Design Intern
Are you curious about what it takes to work and relate effectively with people from different nationalities, ethnicities, age groups and more? Are you interested in using your skills with a broad set of customers and teammates around the world? The Cultural Intelligence Center (CQC), an innovative, research-based consulting and training company, may have just the opportunity you are looking for.
We are a growing company that is changing the way individuals and organizations approach diversity and global engagement. Based in Michigan, our international team of employees includes trainers, instructional designers, consultants, administrators and researchers providing state of the art products and services that make a real difference in people’s lives.
The CQ Center is looking for a graphic design intern at our Grand Rapids, Michigan location. This individual will assist in the design and development of new materials, editing and upkeep of existing materials, organization and documentation of files, and brand management for the company.
The ideal candidate is creative, a self-starter, organized, and a team player with an eye for quality design. The ideal candidate will contribute to the growing design needs of the company on a part-time basis, with potential for greater involvement in the future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Materials Design & Production
- Assist with the design of company materials (manuals, brochures, slide decks, etc.) in both print and digital formats
- Assist in coordinating for release of new/updated materials, communicating project status/updates and key milestones to supervisor and team members
- Assist in production of printed media
- Assist in maintaining consistent/unified look and feel across materials and platforms through application of brand documentation and design guidelines
Organization & Documentation
- Assist in documenting company materials, organizing design files within company server/file intranet, and implementation of version control process
Assist in Other Duties as Assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Proficient in using Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word and PowerPoint especially)
- Creative; eye/vision for design (graphic and instructional)
- Detail oriented; problem-solving ability; highly organized
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- College student or recent college graduate with a focus in Graphic Design or a related business field. A strong desire to pursue a career in the Graphic Design field is preferred.
- Part-time, hourly position (20 hrs/week)
- Rate of $12/hr
- Report to/work overseen by Production Designer
- Based in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Interested candidates should also submit sample design work with resumes/CVs.