Cultural Intelligence or CQ is defined as a globally recognized way of assessing and improving effectiveness in culturally diverse situations. But why is CQ important, and how can you use CQ to improve relationships in both your professional and personal lives?
David Livermore, president of the Cultural Intelligence Center, along with Ritika Wadhwa, Director of UK Operations for the Cultural Intelligence Centre, will take us on a journey to explore CQ and how it can be used to assess and respond to complex intercultural situations.
- What is culture and cultural intelligence?
- The differences between CQ and other models such as cultural competence or intercultural effectiveness
- What are the 4 capabilities needed to work effectively with people who are different from you?
- Benefits of being culturally intelligent
- How to measure your CQ and how to start your journey toward being culturally intelligent
David Livermore, PhD
President and Founder
Cultural Intelligence Center
Director of UK Operations
Cultural Intelligence Centre