- Format Virtual
- Duration 4 hours
- Price $395 USD
The CQ® Your Bias virtual workshop will elevate your professional and personal life by helping you get an in-depth understanding of implicit (unconscious) and explicit bias. Since we all have biases, this workshop also teaches you how to manage your bias during interactions with others.
This invaluable skill benefits individuals and organizations by helping them become self-aware global citizens equipped with actionable insights into personal biases and systemic biases present in societal and organizational practices, processes, and policies.
CQ® Your Bias participants will develop the critical skill of cultural intelligence using the Cultural Intelligence (CQ) framework. This framework draws upon research-based findings to provide strategies for disrupting bias in individuals’ lives and organizations.
The CQ® Your Bias virtual workshop uses the Cultural Intelligence Center’s e-learning course combined with an interactive, live course led by an experienced trainer in unconscious bias.
To recognize and manage bias in interactions by applying research-based solutions for cultivating self-awareness and culturally intelligent strategies.
- Understand why bias matters
- Recognize sources of explicit and implicit bias
- Identify systemic bias in our organizations/institutions
- Practice culturally intelligent strategies to disrupt bias
You Will Receive
- CQ Starter course
- CQ Assessment
- MyUB™ e-learning course
- CQ® Your Bias participant guide
- Certificate of Completion that can be shared and added to your social media accounts
- Digital Badge to validate your accomplishments. Showcase your digital badge on your email, resume, and social media accounts!
Getting Started is Easy!
You can sign-up and pay below in under a minute. We offer both a credit card and invoice option for payment.
If you have questions about the workshop, we recommend that you reach out to our Director of Public Programs, Jennifer Benbow.
You can email Jennifer directly to discuss how we can best help you meet your goals, and whether this workshop is the best option for you. Contact Jennifer directly by clicking on the button below! You can also reach her at Jennifer.Benbow@CulturalQ.com.
Available Dates & Locations
Friday, July 2, 2021, 8 am – 12 pm EDT | 12:00 – 16:00 GMT | 1 pm – 5 pm BST (London time)
Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 6 pm – 10 pm EDT | 22:00 – Thu, Jul 22, 02:00 GMT
Thursday, August 5, 2021, 1 pm – 5 pm EDT | 17:00 – 21:00 GMT
Friday, September 24, 2021, 9 am – 1 pm EDT | 13:00 – 17:00 GMT
Thursday, October 21, 2021, 11 am – 3 pm EDT | 15:00 – 19:00 GMT
Thursday, November 4, 2021, 12 pm – 4 pm EST | 16:00 – 20:00 GMT
Thursday, December 2, 2021, 8 am – 12 pm EST | 13:00 – 17:00 GMT
Schedule & Objectives
Workshop Agenda & Objectives
- Understand workshop objectives and agenda
- Define ground rules for participation interaction
Manage Bias with Cultural Intelligence: CQ Drive
- Develop a deeper understanding of unconscious bias and ways CQ can help disrupt bias
- Know the three everyday influences proven to increase the application of bias
- Possess strategies for interrupting everyday influences
See Unconscious Bias: CQ Knowledge
- Understand the personal and organizational effect of covering
- Define and recognize multiple types of bias, especially affinity and confirmation bias
- Learn CQ strategies for reducing covering and responding effectively to microaggressions
Disrupt Biased Systems and Practices: CQ Strategy
- Understand how bias affects organizational systems and practices
- Learn CQ strategies to manage bias across the employee lifecycle
- Learn five CQ strategies for managing decision-making bias
- Apply bias-busting CQ strategies to real-world scenarios
Create an Action Plan: CQ Action
- Commit to implementing several CQ strategies to manage bias
- Recognize managing bias as an ongoing process
- Develop a personal action plan to take effective action in managing and challenging bias
Fees & Cancellation Policy
Full payment is due upon registration or within 7 days of receiving an invoice for the workshop and is non-refundable.
We reserve the right to cancel a workshop session 30 days out. Full refunds will be given if we do so.